Friday, January 27, 2006

Shit meet Fan; Fan, let me introduce Shit...

So 80% of Palestinians turn out for an election, and they elect Hamas?

I thought things were scary in the Middle-East before this week. This just adds a nice twist to the situation; look, the paranoia goes up to "11" on this one...

Is there a good side to this? Sure, there's always a silver lining. When Hamas succeeds in delivering nothing but more pain and strife, maybe Palestinians will start having a collective re-think to their politics.

BTW... was anyone else amused that they rode to power on an 'anti-corruption' platform, a vote for 'change?' Don't get me wrong, I'm not seriously comparing this band of psychopaths to anyone outside of their borders. It's just that you can't help but notice how mesmerizing that whole 'change' platform can be... very effective. I don't know enough about Al Fatah to comment on their scruples and conduct in government, but I wouldn't bet against the existence of at least a modicum of corruption; still, they brought the Palestinians as close as they've been in a while to having their own state.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home