Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Lord of War



Has anyone else noticed the change made to the movie poster for this film? When I first saw an add for it in the paper a few weeks ago, the picutre of Nicolas Cage rendered in bullets and shell casings was much more starteling... his features seemed more like a rotting corpse. I remember looking at the picture an being shocked slightly. It was an effective piece of art in that sense.

When I saw it in the paper the other day, I noticed it had been toned down... smoothed out, and made less disturbing. It makes one wonder if the film itself has been given the same sort of treatment so as not to shock the mainstream audiences. Probably.

Searching on-line, I found the original.

2 Comments:

Blogger Anonymous said...

Hmm, can't seem to notice any difference between that and the posters I see on other websites. Can you post a link to the new version?

1:23 PM  
Blogger Robert said...

The "toned down" version seems to only appear in print... but I'm looking for examples.

3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home