Sunday, September 25, 2005

Poker Star!

Well, not quite... but on Friday night I won a Texas Hold'em tournament for the first time. There was only 11 players in total (including myself), but a triumph none the less.

The most interesting winning hand I had was the 9 and 7 of hearts; I chased the flush to fifth street, but didn't get it. I ended up with a pair of 9's, as the 9 of spades came up. Good thing too, as my opponenent in that hand was holding Ace and Queen of hearts. Had the flush draw come up, I would have lost to the nut flush, but instead my pair of 9's carried. Even I had to shake my head at that one.

Went to the word on the street today. It is an orgy of reading material, and picked up more stuff than I am going to have time for in the next 6 months. Mostly literary journals. I'll do a reveiw of them later on once I've gone through them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home