Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Give me money, please.

Ok, I've said it, but let me explain.

I'm not really asking the select few people I know who may read this blog over the next couple of days to give me any handouts. Nope. I want total strangers to give them to me.

Ok, you say, How? Why? Because, do you know what gets me? I know that if I package it right, promote it, say it shamlessly, and get the message out there, then there are people whom I have never met who will give me money.

Maybe not millions or even thousands... but who really knows until you (by that I mean, I) try?

Take the case of the guy who made a site dedicated to purchasing an iPod and smashing it, and posting video of the aforementioned smashing on the internet. There were people, I think most being total strangers, who gave this guy money to do this.

How about the cases of other people (like this guy, or this woman, or even this guy) who's apparent honesty and humor are commendable and enjoyable.

So this is my goal. Create a blog expressly for the purpose of requesting money from total strangers. I'll offer something, although I'm really not sure what... yet.

I paint a little... maybe I'll offer an original piece of art.

I write a little... maybe an original poem, or short story. Hmmm... word count could be based on the size of the donation... may be on to something.

Either of the above ideas would of course be prefaced with the caveat that I am not exactly talented at either of the activities, but in exchange for their donation, I'd give it some serious effort.

People like to receive attention, so maybe I'll just give them a thanks, and post their picture, uh, as soon as I can manage to post them... yeah, still haven't fixed that yet. Don't ask.

Well, you get the point. Once I've started, my goal will be to see how much is raised in one year.

I hope to begin in the next week or so. Of course, I'll post the results. Wish me luck.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gord said...

Well you've perked my intrest.
I'll tell you what. I am in the market for an original piece of art. The subject "Magic" however you wish to visually define it. (I would prefer it being "sleight of hand" magic as opposed to "dyed black hair and groups of foul smelling loosers in black chanting" Magick (with a "k", which is just plain irritating.)
We can haggle over prices later.
There, your first sale. You are on your way to that million.

1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home