Sunday, November 06, 2005

A Conversation that may have occurred sometime in 1981 or 1982...

Two men run accross each other in a pub somewhere in London, or maybe New York...

"Hey Phil, long time... how are you doing?"

"Good enough Andy, yourself?"

"Hanging in there, just trying to wrap up this latest album... you know how it is."

"Yeah, how are you guys getting on?"

"Oh, Stuarts good to work with, but the other egotistical prick is getting on my nerves. Some days I'm not sure how much longer we'll all be able to work together. I think this album might be it."

"Seriously?"

"No shit. How about you guys?"

"Not bad. Hey, I have a challenge for you."

"Shoot"

"Write a bizarre song about your mother and put it on the album."

"Easy enough, what's the challenge?"

"I'll do it too, and the one who's song is weirdest wins... uh, I don't know... a pack of fags and a pint. You have to make it really creepy though."

"Your on." They clink pint glasses

"Waitress, another round please."

"Fucking ego... who in their right mind calls themself Sting?"

1 Comments:

Blogger Anonymous said...

And a voice from the back of the pub says "Funny. In my band it was the egotistical prick himself who wrote the creepy song about a mother. Anyways, I'm off to race cars..."

kwdezcu

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home