Monday, November 07, 2005

Stay away from my iPod buddy...

I read about this guy's site over the weekend: smashmyipod.com. Sort of a Dadaist/Nihilist/Luddite approach to consumerism as represented by the iPod, or it could simply be as he says, that he was bored.

Personally, I love my iPod, and have decided that I never want to be without one. I've added the audio version of Annie Proulx's "The Shipping News" over the weekend... I have to find more audio books. If my iPod had some serious defects right from the get go, then I would have a problem, but with Apple, not the device. Fortunately, mine is working fine so far (knock on formica).

Having said that, I think there's a place for this kind of expression. The artist in me loves this kind of stuff. I'll be checking in to see what he destroys next; I just won't be sending him any money (or flaming him for that matter).

1 Comments:

Blogger Anonymous said...

The Neistat Brothers were there first...

http://www.ipodsdirtysecret.com/

soadw

12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home