Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Call me Ishmael.

 
The Pequod has set sail again, for the 9th Annual Playoff-Hockey pool.
 
The pool, one of the greatest that I'm aware of, is run by a few enterprising individuals where I work. It's also one of the most interesting formats I've seen for any hockey pool. Players from each team are ranked from 1 to 16 based on points. For the pool, you pick one player from each team, and only one player from each rank. The entry fee for each team is $10.00, and with 404 entries, there will be pay-outs to the top 10 teams ( if I remember correctly from the year before last).
 
My team name this year is again Pequod, and is off to a great start, tied for 12th spot in a field of 404. I've got to savour this moment, because it could be my high water mark.
 
 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home