Friday, April 14, 2006

WTF?

Ok, so I'll admit having been naive enough to be taken in by the American and British propaganda before their invasion of Iraq. I supported our government's decision to stay out of that war mind you, but I still was not opposed to what the US 'coalition' was about to undertake.

With the revealed non-existence of WMD's, my opinion changed.

It was recently revealed that the invasion had been planned to begin on March 10th 2003 regardless of how diplomatic efforts went.

The net result is that, for what it's worth and I know it's not much, I don't trust the current U.S. regime.

At the same time all this was going on, the Canadian Alliance under Stephen harper was saying that Canada should be standing by our friends and 'allies' to the South. Now Harper is Prime Minister, and he's really big on using the Canadian military to stump with .

Add to this mix, the fact that the U.S. is making a strong case against Iran having a nuclear program; our shiny new Conservative Foreign Affairs minister, Peter MacKay is enamoured with Condoleezza Rice.

Oh, and the President of Iran, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad comes out with this.

I'm seriously wondering what date has been chosen for the next war.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home