Saturday, May 13, 2006

Nuts... Sometimes I've got 'em.


It's been a while, but I managed to climb back into the standings in the Tire Poker Tour.

Last night I decided to mix up my strategy a bit; I'm not sure if it helped, but along with some good cards at key moments, I was able to take second place on the evening.

Twice I had to come back from low chip stack, but in this I wasn't alone, as four of the twelve of us did the same at some point.

The host of the evening fell victim to the host curse, only making it to third place on the evening, and having to wait for almost an hour while we played heads-up. This wasn't as bad as last months session though, when the host went all in before the flop against one other player; they both had pocket Aces, but after the river was dealt, the other guy had a flush. This happened early, and he spent the rest of the night watching hockey while we played poker.

Noteable hands: Three times I won with the same hand, 6,9 which I like to call "Big Lick." Twice I think I won on the stone cold bluff, but once they gave me two pair. What's really notable about this is that normally I throw that hand away without a second thought.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home