Wednesday, January 24, 2007

I wish Kurt Vonnegut had a blog

Specifically, one that he would update daily.

I just got back from a business trip to New Haven, Connecticut. After the days meetings, my colleague and I walked around Yale. Yeah, the word colleague is a little ostentatious. That line should say my co-worker and I trespassed around Yale.

It's a nice campus. My co-worker was pretty impressed, and expressed how much more she liked it than the University campus that she studied at.

While Yale has an impressive ambiance, I still couldn't say I preferred it to my own, York University. It is , after all, just another school. I find it funny that George W. Bush graduated from Yale. I wonder if anyone in the alumni association there is embarrassed.

We walked around for a while, and at a bookstore I picked up a copy of Kurt Vonnegut's "A Man Without a Country." It was an enjoyable, quick read on the flight home, and reminded me of "Breakfast of Champions," which I read for a class when I attended York.

Before leaving, we stopped by a store on the corner of Chapel and College streets, and I picked up a Yale sweatshirt. I'll probably tell people that I went to Yale, and when they ask what I took, I'll say I didn't get a chance to steal anything because I was only there for an hour.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home