Thursday, October 13, 2005

Blogging Hiatus Ends! (for the moment...)

Yeah, I've taken a bit of a break from all things net, save for the exception of chess games which I would lose if I didn't log in and make the occassional move. Why the hiatus? I blame Hapland II. Seriously, just busy (as well as avoiding Hapland II).

I've read the first book in the Discworld series, and promptly gone off and won an Ebay auction for the next 26 (and I now own two copies of the first one, in case anyone is looking for one). If the rest of the series is half as good as the first one, I should get through them early next year.

I've been organizing my company's participation in the annual CN Tower stair-climb for the United Way. It was kind of funny; I was asked if I wanted to take the reigns this year, and after I said yes, was told the CEO would be participating. No pressure. We've managed to double the number of participants. More later.

Digitizing music. Did I mention I love my iPod? I've been collecting music like mad... well mad for me, which for some is maybe just a little enthusiastic, but you know. I now have almost every cool song by the Beatles, Paul McCartney and George Harrison, Alice Cooper, The Eagles, Don Henley, James Bond theme music, The Hip (of course)... I'll stop listing now. My enthusiasm for music has been re-kindled. I'm hunting down all the music I like. Soon, I'll be raiding a CD collection near you!

I've even done a bit of painting; added a bit to an oil I'm doing of the Distillery district in TO. I'll post a picture when I'm done, which will be next June at this rate.

1 Comments:

Blogger Anonymous said...

Digitizing music can be addictive. Start swapping with other folks and soon the old "completionist" drive kicks in. It's not enough to have your favourite Neil Young tunes, you must have everything Neil Young ever recorded.

Hmm... need a bigger hard drive...

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home