Sunday, March 19, 2006

Hypnotech 3

From the "Things I'm Still Learning About Myself As I Get Older" Department, It seems that deep down inside of me there's been this techno-freak waiting to get out. It started with the occassional flirting with Philip Glass, Brian Eno and Tangerine Dream, but most recently has latched onto the work of Hypnotech 3

Not sure what to expect, I picked up their album In Tune With the True Distortion this weekend, on a whim, taking the chance that it might be something worthwhile. Apparently, what I have stumbled across was their first album from 2002.

The debut CD from Canada's Hypnotech 3. Drawing on such influences as Bristol space-rock, deep trance, experimental 70's electronica, wall-of-noise shoegaze and the majority of Darla's Bliss Out series, "In Tune with the True Distortion" is five interstellar excursions into dark ambience, minimal pulse beats, deepspace melodies and gossamer drapes of bent noise. For fans of Amp, Windy & Carl, Labradford, Tomorrowland, fellow Canadians |head|phone|over|tone|, and Tangerine Dream. Forget what everyone has ever before said about space-rock: THIS is the album your pharmacist should be warning you about.

It's not for everyone, but it suits me just fine (and No, I haven't started doing drugs again)

3 Comments:

Blogger Muad'Dib said...

Ye gods man, thank you for this post. I am a freak for Tangerine Dream, Jean Michele Jarre and Kraftwerk.. new band alert, new band alert whoop whoop!

sean

6:33 AM  
Blogger Muad'Dib said...

BTW check out my pal Kev at www.kevinlux.com

sean

6:38 AM  
Blogger Robert said...

Thanks for the link, will do!

4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home