Friday, May 26, 2006

LOST

Updated

I was up late and being prompted to come to bed when I posted this previously, so I put up a pretty short post.

This last Wednesday saw the second season finale of LOST. I won't go into all kinds of detail, because you're either watching it, or you're not. If you are, you probably know more about the show than me, because I only tuned in near the end of first season; if you're not, then you'll always have the opportunity of catching it on DVD later.

I have to admit when I first heard about the show, the premise didn't grab me; I only ended up catching the bug when I sat through a show with my wife, who was already avidly watching. It was Hurley's story about how he first encountered the "numbers" and what they did to his life. I was pretty much hooked from that point on.

I enjoyed the season finale of LOST... It was riveting, and for every detail they offered up, they added to the mystery. We learn more about the "others," but not everything. We learned what happens when you stop pushing the damned button (and shut down/reset the "system"), but then again not exactly. It appeared to be a catastrophic electromagnetic anomaly (?), but we're not sure what exactly happened. We were given Desmond's back-story, but that only leads to more questions.

So what do I do in the meantime while I'm waiting for third season? Well, I've just upgraded to Flash 8 so that I could access the website for the Hanso foundation, a figment of the shows universe.

Are there any clues here? I'm dying to find out. From what little I've had time to peruse, it appears to allude to many aspects of the show, but as to whether it gives any details that could help one 'read ahead,' I don't know.

1 Comments:

Blogger Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed the finale, although I think I have more questions now then when I went in. There's a lot of things that seem to be falling by the wayside, too.

What is the mysterious monster in the jungle? Why do so many people see (apparent) hallucinations, like Jack seeing his Dad and Hurley seeing Dave? What is the weird black cloud that dragged Locke through the jungle? Where did the polar bear come from, and where did it go?

I hope there's a wrap-up at some point, and they don't just move on to the new mysteries and not explain the old ones.

But with Alias wrapped up nice and neat, I have hopes the J.J. Abrams can pull it off. Now, let's see what he does with Star Trek...

uutyk

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home